De-Dupe Dynamics 365
Efficiently manage and merge duplicate records within Microsoft Dynamics 365
Having clean and current data in your CRM system is vital to any organization’s sales and marketing process. With new data from users, emails, and integrations being entered daily, it happens all too often that a duplicate company, contact, or lead record is created.
If unaddressed, duplicate records can create major problems for your system.
With De-dupe Dynamics by Skyline Consultants, Dynamics 365 users can easily manage and maintain their duplicate detection process. Users will have the ability to set the criteria for how duplicate records will be classified, publish duplicate detection rules, and run a search by entity (account, contact, or lead).
Depending on your needs, you can also change field criteria and create new rules anytime. These rules can include any combination of the account name, email address, first name, and last name fields.
De-Dupe Dynamics, by Skyline Consultants, will merge multiple duplicate records into one, and allow the user to choose which record to keep as the master.
Please, see below the instruction on how to merge your duplicates.
The preparation should be done in 3 steps:
- To create a duplicate detection rule.
- To create a duplicate detection job.
- To navigate to the duplicate detection view to start the merging process.
INSTRUCTION HOW TO CREATE DUPLICATE DETECTION RULES
If Duplicate Detection Rules were created before, then skip the step and start from Duplicate Detection Jobs (see the next step below).
- Open De-Dupe Dynamics Hub (Follow the step by step from instruction, to start merging duplicates).
- Navigate to the Duplicate Detection Rules (Duplicate Detection Rules under Step 1).
- Click on “New” to create a new rule.
- In the window, insert a name for the Duplicate Task.
- Choose an entity where you want to run a duplicate detection job.
- Choose fields as filter criteria. For example, Email should be “Exact Match”
- Click on the Save icon.
- Don’t forget to click on the “Publish” button.
HOW TO CREATE DUPLICATE DETECTION JOBS
To check all duplicates, please follow the steps below.
- To initiate a duplicate detection job:
Navigate to the Duplicate detection Job under the Step 2 section, and click on it.
Click on Create “New” and then “Next” button.
- Create Duplicate Detection Job Choose an Entity (all available entities are those, that have been published by Duplicate Detection Rule).
Put filters (for example Email should Contain Data).
Once it is done, click on the Next button.
- Insert the mail address and click next. After Detection Job is accomplished, Dynamics 365 automatically creates the Duplicate Merge tasks, that you will find in the «Merge Duplicates» section. Navigate to Duplicate Merge Tab to see existing Duplicates.
TO MERGE EXISTING DUPLICATE TASKS
If you want to check duplicate records, you should create a new duplicate detection job (please see the above steps on how to do it).
- Navigate to the De-Dupe Dynamics Hub.
- Click on the Merge Duplicates (under the Step 3 section) and then choose the View, with duplicates that should be merged.
- In the window, choose one of the Tasks (for example, Duplicate Detection: Contacts Advanced Find View).
- Choose Master record and Duplicate records.
- Some records can be ignored.
- Click on the button
NOTE: If you don’t want to merge the records, just click on the button “Next” and it will move automatically to the next match of duplicates that the system has found.
- From each row, you can choose only one field value that is right for the record. For example, the first column is Master, and the second and third columns are Duplicates.
That is it! Feel free to contact us if you have any questions!